After losing weight and feeling good, almost getting down to our goal weight, the number we see on the scale seems to suddenly stay still. We are at a point where we struggle to Losing Those Last Few Kilo’s even though we are still working out and eating well, after finding a weight-loss regimen that has worked well for us until now. It seems we have hit plateau.
Here are some of our weight loss tips for Losing Those Last Few Kilo’s:
1. When we think about weight loss, we are told to eat less, and exercise more. Try not to focus too much on just counting your calories though. The type of calorie is just as important, if not more important, than the amount of calories you consume.
2. Focus on protein. Per gram, protein gives us less calories than any other macronutrient: 1gram of protein yields 4 calories, 1gram of carbohydrate yields 7-9 calories, 1 gram of fat yields 7-9 calories, and 1gram of alcohol yields 17 calories.
3. It takes more work for our bodies to break down and digest protein foods, compared to other macronutrients. When we digest high protein foods, we therefore burn more calories while processing.
4. Drink more water. By increasing your water intake and staying hydrated all day, you will burn more calories throughout the day. Our tip, drink a glass of water before every meal. This will help you increase your daily water intake, but will also help you feel fuller at your meals, so you are less likely to over eat at your meals.
5. Get more sleep. Lack of sleep messes with your emotional state, but, more so it affects your physical wellbeing. We feel more sluggish after a poor night’s sleep, which can cause us to eat more than an extra 500 calories per day, without even realising it. It also causes our metabolism to slow down, burning less calories a day.
Disclaimer: Results may vary. Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss. Consult with your health care processional before beginning any diet or exercise regime.